Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Queen's Farmhouse!

My kit from the European Cross Stitch Co. has arrived for Queen's Farmhouse! Gosh it is just the most exciting thing. I haven't used Delicas beads or petite treasure braid before, so it will be a journey to say the least. I am not sure when I'll start - maybe within the next few days? Enjoy my stash pictures, I know I do!
Wrapped up, pretty and nice like a present!

My specialty fibers

My beautiful beads and tweezers? Not part of the kit.
This will be the finished project:


For those who are curious, Chatelaines can be purchased in a variety of different ways. You can download the pdfs right off the website, buy the printed chart off the site, buy everything (beads, specialty threads, fabric) but the chart as a kit or everything but the chart and fabric. 123stitch also carries Chatelaines too, but only the printed chart version. While I love 123stitch's fast and efficient service, the printed charts do not seem as desirable as the pdf, which you can enlarge and print right from your computer. Personally I prefer the downloadable version.

When you buy the pdf chart, it will usually take a few days to be emailed to you so be patient. If you decide to go with the kit, sit back and stitch something else because it will take a few weeks to get to you. It sure is worth the wait for me because I do not have to hunt everything down in different stores, both brick and mortar and online.

No comments:

Post a Comment