Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Newest Acquisition: Hanging Gardens of Semiramus

Today I tried something new: instead of emotional eating, I emotionally shopped. With my eyes. And my credit card. It was glorious!

 I am still waiting for my Queen's Farmhouse kit from European Cross Stitch Company, and the large mandalas can be quite intimidating, so I looked for a chart which is small enough for me to draw from my stash of fabric. I've had my eye on the hanging/walled gardens, so I chose the most colorful one: the Hanging Gardens of Semiramus by Chatelaine. I am so so SO excited! I will go rifling through my fabrics when I get home from school.

This is approximately what it will look like. I am thinking maybe working on a dark blue or light green fabric.


More images can be found at the lovely and talented Dana Oliver Smith's Chatelaine Galleries.

No comments:

Post a Comment