Sunday, December 1, 2013

Stitching Updates

Danggg it's been a while! I just didn't feel like I could truly relax until I found out the results of my licensure exams. Fortunately I have passed the national exam (the one that certifies me to practice dentistry in the US). The regional exam is the one that allows me to practice dentistry in a specific state, and the scores are not out yet. I feel good about it though.

Thanksgiving break turned out to be a Game of Thrones and stitching marathon. It was amazing. I finished a project and got as far as I could through two others before having to stop due to lack of threads. I started another project on an impulse and now I am in love with that one too. Let's view:

1. Faerie Spring Fling is so lovely on Steph's Fabbys's Spring Green. I am missing the beads and kreinik for her wings. I am determined to finish her before the new year. I don't think she will be featured at my wedding but will look wonderful on my walls, regardless.

2. Persephone is also resplendent on Steph's Fabbys's Lilac and is my most favorite project in the history of cross stitching. Yes, you heard that right. It's been kind of a long haul, as I started her in the summer. I ran out of one of the caron waterlilies for the background and I am missing the other waterlilies so I'm just playing a waiting game. She is huge too, like a foot and a half long and 9 inches wide. Something like that. I can't wait to frame her!!

3. New start! Lady Hera and her pretentious peacock will also grace my walls in a few months' time. I am stitching her on Steph's Fabbys Simply Sage. I think it's safe to say that Stephanie Bishop is my supplier. My dealer of deliciously smelling fabrics, if you will. The colors are just so lovely and the fabrics always arrive with the edges serged (finished by stitching the edges so they don't fray)! What a thoughtful touch.

I just started Hera last night and I adore the colors already.

4. A finish! I completed Alessandra Ambrosio's Promessa a few days ago. It was stitched on PTP Jade. It was a lot of fun! Some mistakes here and there but they were easily fudged. I substituted beads from my stash for the french knots, and I think they add a little sass and a little sparkle. I will be framing this one with the mat on the outside of the glass, so people can sign the mat at my wedding instead of a guestbook. How awesome will that be? Extremely awesome. Frankly, I just want an excuse to buy charts for the wedding. 


Anyway, here is the finished Promessa with lots of random shots: 



No comments:

Post a Comment