Thursday, August 1, 2013

Stitching saves my sanity

Every so often I get this niggling feeling in the back of my mind about the value of the time I spend stitching. I haven't really calculated it, since it varies from week to week, but I would estimate it to be about 10 hours a week, give or take a few. I wonder sometimes if it's a waste and that my time is better spent exercising or reading on finances or drilling crown preps in the backup lab. Let's face it, I likely wouldn't do those things even if I wasn't a stitcher.

These past few weeks have shown me that stitching is absolutely a necessary part of my downtime. I have had a few rough clinic sessions with my patients and almost every time, I think immediately of my projects waiting at home and what a relief it will be to stitch and feel my worries, anxiety and stress melt away.

No comments:

Post a Comment